So I probably started using Ebates to get money back for shopping online about five years ago, back when no one else really knew it existed. I don’t even remember how I found it, but it quickly became something I was in love with and have used ever since.
If that has been around for a little while now that allows you to get anywhere from 1% to 10% cash back on online purchases. Depending on the stores you are buying from.
I like to use Ebates for it’s promo codes (i.e. coupon codes). It is the site I check BEFORE I buy to see if I can get a deal on what I am ordering. For example, I will check Ebates, if say, I want a promo code for free shipping or $10 off my purchase or whatever. It saves me money and I get cashback. Win Win!!!
Plus, around the Holidays Ebates offers what they call Double Cash Back which means that 10% cashback now becomes 20% cashback. SCORE!!!! I love it especially on Black Friday.
Here’s what you do:
1. First, sign up for a free account at http://www.ebates.com
2. From there search for the store you are planning to buy from, for example Target. (Note: do this BEFORE you check out. Having items in your cart is fine, just make sure you haven’t checked out yet. You can’t get your cash back after you have made your purchase.)
3. Next, look through the page for a promo code that could save you money if there is one. The types of coupon codes that are available is up to the stores themselves this has nothing to do with Ebates. So you may or may not find one that you like or that will work with your current purchase. It does not mean there won’t be a better one next week, so keep checking back.
4. Next, click the button next to the deal you want (if there is not one you can use, just click the store button). The link will automatically take you to the site (and if you already have stuff in your cart they should still be there). Once you check out, you should already see the promo code or discount applied automatically.
5. After you check out, you can go to Ebates and check you account for the cash back amount that is pending (Note: this may take a little bit to show up). The date you will receive your check can also be seen.
Every little bit adds up, and like I said before this is excellent around Christmas time. Sign up and enjoy and please let me know how it goes.
Until next time,
P.S. Do you use Ebates? What do you think about it? Or, do you use something better? Please let me know about it in the comments below.