How To Catch A Mouse In Your House

It seems like every winter or every really hot summer we get a mouse. It was worse when they did construction near my house. Now, I’m a humanitarian through and through so for me it never set well with me to use one of those traditional mouse traps.

how to catch a mouse in your house

Humane mouse traps (aka no kill mousetraps) were the way to go, but where to get one? So I searched and searched and search until I came across this mouse trap and I have never gotten anything else since.

It is called the Safe Mouse Trap and you can get it at Amazon for $12 or 13. That is right! It’s that cheap and it works like a dream. EVERY time!

Seriously, the best mouse trap I have ever found! If you want to know how to catch a mouse in your house without killing it, this is the mouse trap for you.

You put a peanut butter cracker on one side and latch open the door on the other end. Set the trap near where you have seen the mouse last (I have put it at the space between the oven or on the counter, it doesn’t matter). I have had my mouse trap for 5 years and it is broken and seriously it still catches a mouse, every time.

Just put it out at night, catch them by morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Comments on How To Catch A Mouse In Your House

1. Mel
    July 23, 2014 at 1:35 am (3 years ago)

We have a serious mouse problem every winter. Out of interest you dont let them go on your property do you? I see them come in my walls from the outside, I’d be wondering if I was catching the same mouse every night. This could work for us if we let them go away from the property though, thanks for sharing

• Savvy Lady
      July 23, 2014 at 2:36 am (3 years ago)

No, we don’t. We always take them far away wherever we can find tall grass or a field perferably. In the video we released the mouse near a road (which we won’t do again because it almost ran into it). We use to think we were catching the same mouse until we caught a baby mole,lol.

2. Mandy, Barbie Bieber and Beyond
    July 25, 2014 at 12:59 am (3 years ago)

I heard something thumping around in the roof last night…. unfortunately I think it is a little larger than a mouse…….thanks for linking up to Stumble Into The Weekend… Mandy

• Savvy Lady
      July 25, 2014 at 8:44 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much for having the link up:)

3. Bernadyn @ B is For...
    July 27, 2014 at 4:30 pm (3 years ago)

This is such a better idea to catch mice, we don’t have any in our house but when I was visiting family out of state, they had a few. Thanks for sharing this so know I can pass it along! Stopping by from the PinFest. Happy weekend. :)

• Savvy Lady
      August 29, 2014 at 8:22 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much for stopping by and passing on the information! I caught a mouse in one state, sent it to my family in another state, and they caught one. Then I had it mailed back to me and caught another one. I really works!

4. Brittnei
    July 31, 2014 at 10:16 pm (3 years ago)

I’ve never heard of this, but I love it! I do feel bad in thinking of killing a little mouse even if the idea of one crawling on me creeps me out! Thank you so much for sharing this more humane solution with us at the Creative Style Linkup!

• Savvy Lady
      August 29, 2014 at 8:22 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I feel the same way.